TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Exhibition Brief:
MIAF is the premier International Art Fair, bringing International Artists as well as regional artists together for four days program. The MIAF is a collaboration with ZeeArts and Economic Development Board. Artists are invited to present their work under the theme “Fostering Unity and Celebrating Differences”
The curators committee comprises of local and international experts that will review all applications. There will be a selection and we will inform artists by 5th May maximum.
- Exhibition Theme: Fostering Unity and Celebrating Differences
The selected artist will need to present one Artwork with any medium including (Painting, Sculpture, Installation, digital media and photography) that reflect on the given theme.
- Technical artwork Details:
Each artist will have the right to exhibit one piece of Art
Artwork (Painting) should be between (60 x 40 cm) to (100 x 100)
Sculpture or Installation will be taken into consideration on case basis
Artwork should be ready to hang.
- Dismantle of Exhibition
MIAF 2019 will end on 11th of August; Artists should arrange to collect your artwork from 12th to 15th August at Caudan Arts Centre. We will not keep any artwork or be responsible for any artwork after the show if not sold. Artist who want us to ship their artwork should make the payment in advance, and we will arrange to ship it back.
- Live Painting
During the live painting and performance, ZeeArts will provide the canvas; however, for Mauritian artists would advise artists to bring their paint, brushes, palette and other materials. For artists who use different medium, e.g sculpture or installation, please advise us so that we can accommodate the request. All artworks produce during MIAF will remain for MIAF private collection 2019.
- Sale of Artwork
ZeeArts will take 10% commission on the sales of artwork
We will take care for the packing and providing the authenticity certificate sign by the artist.
- Participation Fees
No participation fees for all selected artists holding a Mauritian passport or identity.
The MIAF Covers:
Exhibition (8th August to 11th August)
Conferences (Both Panel discussions)
White Gala Dinner in a 5 Stars resort
MIAF 2019 – PROGRAM
8th August 2019
- VIP Preview Mauritius International Art Fair with a cultural performance
9th August 2019
- Panel Discussion in the morning for decision makers (Theme: Modelling the Arts and Cultural Ecosystem)
- Island Tours and Sunset cruise
10th August 2019
- Live Painting and performance at Caudan waterfront
- Children Art Workshop (Little Picasso)
- Live Car painting and Body Art Performance
- Panel Discussion in the afternoon- (Art & Social Change)
11th August 2019
- White Gala and Award Night in a five-star Resort in the presence of dignitaries of Mauritius